Does your drinking water contain VOCs, salt, arsenic, pesticides or many other dissolved contaminants?
Are you looking for a better way than a standard water filtration system to remove these culprits?
Then, a RO system is the right option for you.
This type of system uses the RO membrane in addition to sediment-and carbon filter to purify the water. It’s far more effective than any filtration system.
In this guide, we’re going to explore 5 best countertop reverse osmosis systems that are popular for their performance and quality-to-price ratio.
RO systems are available in various designs. under the sink RO systems, countertop RO systems, RO systems with water tanks, RO systems without water tanks are some of its categories.
However, if you live in apartments or small homes and looking for a small and compact filtration system, the countertop RO system is worth a closer look. It’s also great for travelers who are always on the move and want a highly portable water filtration system to take with them.
Then, without further ado, let’s dive into our countertop reverse osmosis system reviews to explore them!
- Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter in 2021 Top Picks
- Here are the Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems
- 1. AQUA TRU Countertop Water Filtration Purification System
- 2. AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter, RKIN-ZIPAL
- 3. Express Water Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System with Faucet, EZRO5
- 4. SimPure Y6 UV Sterilization Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- 5. Reverse Osmosis Revolution Countertop RO Purification Water System
Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter in 2021 Top Picks
In a hurry? Feel free to check our quick table:
- Best Overall: AQUA TRU Countertop: An RO system that comes in a sleek, compact, and portable design, removes 1000’s pollutants, purifies water in 4 stages, has a removable dispensing tank, and a digital display that notifies you when to replace the filters.
- Best for Alkaline: AlcaPure RKIN-ZIPAL: A 4-stage filtration RO system with a CE-certified boosted pump, removable water tank, LED indicator for system status, easy-to-change filters, and a modern, stylish appearance.
- Best space-saving: Express Water EZR05: This unit is a 4-stage system with 4 removable filters that remove 99.99% of water contaminants, has a fast flow rate, filters 4 gallons per hour, and fits most standard faucet types.
- Best Value: SimPure Y6 UV Sterilization: This 3-stage filtration system removes more than 1000 pollutants, effectively removes lead and chlorine, doesn’t waste water, comes with a 5-liter tank, is portable, and has a control panel with 4 smart indicators.
- Best Budget: Reverse Osmosis Revolution: A budget-friendly 5-stage RO system that can deliver 75-100 water gallons per day, comes with a chrome metal 2-way diverter, a DI deionizing mixed bed post filter, significantly reduce fluoride, and removes more than 600 contaminants.
Here are the Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems
Buying the best countertop reverse osmosis filtration system is a daunting task as there are many brands and models on the market. You need to do thorough research that requires time and resources to carry out the job.
No worry! We’ve done the hard part for you.
We’ve put together a list of our 5 top-rated RO system reviews to help you to choose the right one.
Let’s take a closer look and see which one is right for you!
1. AQUA TRU Countertop Water Filtration Purification System
- Exclusive 4-stage filtration
- Sediment-, activated carbon-, high-efficiency RO filter
- Quick change twist and seal filters
- Removable dispensing tank
- Digital display for filter replacement notification
- CERTIFIED to NSF Standards by IAMPO
- AQUA TRU 90AT02AT01 is beyond filtration!
Why am I saying this?
Unlike refrigerator filters or regular pitchers, this unit removes virtually all harmful compounds and chemicals in your tap water.
It can remove 1000’s of additional chemicals that could be lurking in tap water. It has been certified to remove lead, herbicides, disinfection byproducts, pesticides, industrial solvents and much more.
What’s more, it provides you great-tasting drinking water, just like your favorite bottled water.
It’s a 4-stage purification system that includes-
- Sediment pre-filter– it removes sediment and cloudiness from the water
- Activated carbon filter– It removes more than 99% of chlorine and chloramines.
- Reverse osmosis membrane- This high-efficiency filter removes harmful inorganic compounds, including arsenic, lead and nitrates.
- Activated coconut shell VOC carbon filter– It removes toxic organic chemicals.
It can purify 1 gallon of tap water into bottle-quality water in 12 to 15 minutes. The easy-to dispensing button makes filling up your glass with water convenient and fast.
The dispensing tank is removable. The nice thing is that you can store it in the refrigerator for cold water.
AQUA TRU’s streamlined, portable countertop design fits on any standard cabinet. Its compact design allows it sits easily on your counter.
Additionally, it takes only a few minutes to set up on your countertop. And it costs considerably less than any fully installed under-the-counter RO system.
The filters last six months to 2 years. The twist and seal filters are easy to change. Of course, its digital display lets you know when it’s time to change the filters.
This model is CERTIFIED to NSF Standards by IAMPO. So, you can feel confident that you’re getting ultra-pure filtered water from a RO system that has undergone extensive tests, analysis and certifications.
However, let’s be honest about sharing a drawback of this unit.
The dispensing spout is low profile and close to the body of the unit. So, it may hard to get containers up under it and lined up correctly. Sometimes you may end up dripping water all over the place.
To sum it all up, it’s one of the best 4-stage RO systems out there. It represents an attractive prospect for a RO filtration system and therefore, you should consider buying it.
- Sleek, compact & portable design
- Remove 1000’s of pollutants
- Excellent water pressure and flow rate
- Dual-stage carbon filtration
- Uniquely water-efficient
- Quiet operation
- Quite sensitive, all components must align just to work properly.
- Low profile dispensing spout
- A bit pricey but it works great.
2. AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter, RKIN-ZIPAL
- 4-stage of filtration: sediment-, activated carbon-, post-, RO filter
- CE certified boosted pump
- Intuitive single-button operation
- Removable pure water tank
- CE & RoHS certified AC adapter (110V or 220V)
- High capacity, easy to change filters
- LED indicator for system status
- Filter change notifications
If you’re looking for the best countertop RO system that looks good and packs several useful features, you’ve found it.
AlcaPure RKIN-ZIPAL is our favorite best RO system for apartments, single and small families. It offers long-lasting performance and simple annual replacements.
What makes this product stand out and so powerful is that it uses four-stages of water filtration technology.
The four-stage of filtration involves:
First, a 5-micron sediment filter removes sediment, particles, and suspended solids.
Second, activated carbon filter adsorbs chlorine, dissolved gasses, and disinfection byproduct. It also removes bad tastes and odors.
Third, the post-filter adsorbs any remaining impurities. Thus, it finally polishes the water and improves the final taste.
Finally, the reverse osmosis membrane filters submicron levels for removing fluoride, heavy metals, hormones, nitrates, bacteria and more.
You’ll be happy to know that this unit comes with CE certified high-flow rate regulating RO booster pump.
Another feature you’ll like is that water is loaded and dispensed from the front of the system. So, you can place it even in the tightest spaces imaginable. No additional side or top clearance is needed.
This thing is easy to use. You just need to fill the bottom pitcher and push the button. Within 15 minutes, the top container will be filled with purified water and the system will turn off automatically.
For dispensing the water, just push and hold the button. Your glass or water bottle will be filled up with purified water instantly.
It’s worth noting that the blue plastic bottom tank has a capacity of 1 gallon of water.
What about its installation?
Surprisingly, it’s a Zero Installation Purifier meaning it’s ready right out of the box. It comes assembled with all the filters preinstalled.
Moreover, it’s easy to clean and maintain. The bottom and top containers are easy to remove and you can clean them with dish detergent.
Importantly, both the tanks are BPA-free that ensures that it won’t add any contaminants to your water after it’s filtered.
Something else that sets this model apart from other models is it will notify you for recommended filter change. Thanks to its blinking red light.
All-in-all, this is one of the best table top RO water purifiers available. Not only will you enjoy the great tasting, safe water with this system, but its modern, stylish appearance will beautify your kitchen.
- Modern, stylish, compact design
- Perfect for RV’s, condos, and apartments
- No installation or assembly required
- No messy hoses or leaky diverter valves
- Removes up to 99% of all contaminants
- Safe to use BPA Free plastic containers
- Annual and simple filter replacements
- Easy to use & quiet performance
- Only one LED indicator light for filter replacement warning. So, it would be confusing to know which specific filter needs to be replaced.
- Somewhat expensive compared to others of its class. However, the design and functionality justify its price.
3. Express Water Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System with Faucet, EZRO5
- 4-stage filtration for ultra-pure filtration
- Sediment-, Granular Carbon-, RO membrane, Post activated carbon filter
- Simple 4-point set up
- Filters up to 4 gallons/ hour
- Includes adapters for 2 additional faucet styles
Express water countertop reverse osmosis water is the quickest and easiest answer for pure drinking water from most of the sinks. It’s a convenient solution for your drinking water.
So, what makes it stand out?
Other filtration systems leave behind several contaminants in filtered water. But this is not the case for Express water EZRO5. It includes the highest contaminant reduction rated RO Membrane that removes up to 99.99% of major water contaminants.
It’s a four-stage system that comes equipped with four removable filters.
The 1st stage involves a sediment filter that captures large particles such as sand, dust, dirt and rust.
In the second stage, the Granular Carbon Filters remove VOCs, chlorine, organic chemicals and odor-causing compounds.
Next, the RO membrane removes most contaminants such as TDS, fluoride, arsenic, lead and others.
Finally, post activated carbon filter polishes the water by removing any possible odor and taste.
The total capacity is rated 4 gallons per hour which are quite substantial. Of course, the filters are of the highest – capacity and long-lasting that need to be changed every six months.
The installation of this system is simple with a 4-point set-up and quick-connect tubing system. The quick connect system also helps prevent leaks.
It also includes adapters for most standard kitchen and bathroom faucet. What’s more, the system can be freestanding or wall-mounted and is designed for indoor use.
EZRO5 is compact enough to fit on your kitchen counter. It’s perfect for apartments, small houses, RV and office use.
Finally, this system is certified by an independent laboratory to NSF standard 58.
- Space-saving design
- Powerful and effective filtration
- High-grade contaminant removal.
- Tool-less installation
- Fast flow rate
- Quick and easy filter replacement
- Fits most standard faucet types and sizes
- No significant issues found.
4. SimPure Y6 UV Sterilization Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Efficient 3-stage filtration
- Composite filter (PP+ CTO); 0.0001 micron RO membrane
- Four smart indicators to show the status of the purifier
- 5 liters upgraded ultra-large capacity water tank
- Control panel with four smart indicators
- Test and CERTIFIED by NSF
SimPure Y6 is a 3-stage high-efficiency filtration system. This system is designed to offer the best possible service. It takes water purification to another level. It’s a safe solution to remove harmful microorganisms from your water.
The SimPure 3 stages RO water system removes more than 1,000 pollutants & harmful substances after three stages in the RO process, leaving you with clean, sweet, odorless water.
It’s worth noting that UV purification is one of the only four methods approved for disinfection by the FDA. This SimPure UV purification system effectively destroys 99.99% of microorganisms and avoid secondary pollution, more thorough sterilization.
This purification is safer than any traditional filtration system. The UV sterilization process uses no chemicals and produces no byproducts. Moreover, it doesn’t waste any water.
The 99+CTO composite filter effectively eliminates sand, rust, pesticides, solid, organic matters, chlorine and other radioactive substances.
In the final stage, the 0.0001 micron RO membrane removes bacteria, viruses, organic matter, heavy metals, salt, and other harmful particles from water. It adjusts taste and prevents secondary pollution in the water, ensuring that you have crisp, healthy, pleasant flavor drinking water.
It includes a 5-liter water tank with a 1.5-liter internal pure water storage to provide you enough water for a whole day. The filtered water is dispensed into the storage tank. Conveniently, you can remove the tank for easy cleaning.
This thing has high-efficiency in water purifying helps to save you money. The 5:1 drain ratio saves your water up to 1500% compared with the traditional RO system. Thanks to its Advanced Drain Water Recycle Technology.
It’s completely portable-perfect for a variety of occasional uses. The countertop design makes it free from water source and space constraints. So, you can fit in the kitchen, lobby, bedroom, restaurant, office, lobby, Outdoor RV, etc. to meet anyone’s drinking needs.
The exterior is glossy white ABS plastic. The rounded design with a soft-touch control panel on the front looks attractive on your countertop.
The control panel features four smart indicators to show you the status of the purifier. The twist-in and non-leakage design make it easy to change the filter without any tool.
Beneath the control panel, there is a dispenser with a removable drip tray underneath. The dispenser offers enough clearance, so you can easily fill most of the containers or water bottles with ease.
To summarize, you shouldn’t miss this travel reverse osmosis water filter if it matches your needs.
- Eliminates 99.9% 1000+ impurities from water
- Cost-efficient and safe to use
- Superior performance
- Ergonomically designed & compact
- Made of finest components
- Effective lead and chlorine removal
- No Installation Required, Plug & use
- It has two plastic tanks (one to fill tap water and the other holds the purified water before dispensing). So, if you’re trying to avoid plastic, this is not the water purifier for you.
5. Reverse Osmosis Revolution Countertop RO Purification Water System
- Exclusive 5-stage filtration
- 75 GPD High-Quality RO membrane
- Significantly reduce fluoride (85% to 90%)
- DI Deionizing mixed bed post filter
- Chrome metal 2-way diverter for kitchen faucets
If you’re on a tight budget, still looking for a highly-efficient countertop RO purification water system, then don’t miss this model.
Now, high-quality, delicious water is at your finger-tips for hundreds of dollars less than expensive bottled water.
This water purification system from Reverse Osmosis Revolution is a portable drinking water solution for home, apartment, aquarium, RVs or for travel.
It instantly transforms tap water into top quality, healthy, ultra-pure drinking water. Thanks to its 5-stage filtration that includes-
5-micron sediment filter- to trap rust and dust particles.
T28 coconut activated carbon filter- to remove VOCs, chlorine, and other common chemicals from water. It also eliminates cloudiness, offensive colors, odors and unpleasant taste of water.
High Rejection TFC type RO membrane– to remove TDS and other harmful contaminants including virus, bacteria.
Deionizing mixed bed filter- for ultra-pure filtration and to polish water to enhance its flavor.
Premium Coconut Carbon T33 type filter cartridge.
It can deliver 75 to 100 gallons of water every single day. It provides on demand filtered water for your whole family.
Installation of this system is also breeze. You can easily attach it to any type of kitchen faucet without any help of a plumber. Additionally, you may require less than 60 seconds to install.
It also comes with a chrome metal 2-way diverter for kitchen faucets by default that fits approximate 94% to 96% of regular kitchen faucets.
Conveniently, you can remove the system if you don’t like to keep it on the tabletop all the time. For easy disconnection, you’ll need to use union fitting. You can re-connect it easily when pure water required.
Each component of this unit is made from 95% USA made high-quality materials. What’s more, it’s lightweight and weighs significantly less. Only 5 pounds weight of this unit makes it easy to handle and store after use.
In essence, this ROR countertop filtration system is an efficient and cost-effective way to ensure safe water for your whole family!
- Removes more than 600 contaminants
- Made from high-quality components
- Safe to use and cost-effective
- Comes fully assembled
- Needs less than 60 seconds to install
- Designed and built in the USA
- Inexpensive replacement components
- Slow water purification output
- The filtered water hose is short.
Our journey of the best countertop reverse osmosis system reviews is coming to an end. We hope you’ve enjoyed this in-depth review.
No matter which one you choose from our list, they are good options for you. Each one is excellent to provide you safe and pleasant drinking water.
So, are you confident in shopping for a new portable drinking water purification system?
Best of luck!